Note: We’re not onboarding new affiliates at the moment; we’ll update this page once that changes.
This document contains the Terms of Service of ExtremeVPN’s affiliate program. Joining and participating in the program indicates that you accept and agree to abide by these Terms. So, please read them carefully before enrolling in the program and review them frequently, as we may change them occasionally. Inquire and confirm your participation in joining the affiliate program at www.extremevpn.com/affiliates/
ExtremeVPN is a company registered in the British Virgin Islands that offers online security and privacy solutions.
The affiliate program allows individuals or companies to earn a referral commission when they refer a new customer to the ExtremeVPN website and/or services. However, the referral commission will be generated only when the new customer subscribes or purchases a package to use our website and/or services. Also, the referral program will become effective when the invoice is approved by the backend and marked as paid.
Joining the Affiliate Program
By enrolling in the affiliate program, you agree that:
- You are of sound mind and legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
- You shall provide truthful and complete registration information and inform us if you change this data.
- If you are representing an organization (partnership or company), you have the authorization to enter into these Terms for that company. (References in these Terms as ‘You’ is to the organization and not you personally)
- You are not based in the following countries: Angola, Algeria, Burkina Faso, Botswana, Benin, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Chad, Central African Republic, Congo, Comoros, Republic of Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Egypt, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Gabon, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Lesotho, Kenya, Libya, Liberia, Malawi, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mauritius, Namibia, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Nigeria, Senegal, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Swaziland, The Gambia, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Tunisia, Zambia, Vietnam, Cuba, Zimbabwe, Iran, Myanmar, Russia, Ukraine, Syria, or North Korea.
- By accessing and using our website and/or services and participating in this affiliate program, you agree to comply with your country’s applicable regulations and laws.
- You shall not use the affiliate link on harmful, threatening, unlawful, or otherwise objectifiable websites like porn sites.
- You shall not use the affiliate link to promote or facilitate illegal file sharing, computer hacking, or copyright infringement.
- You shall not use the affiliate link to promote or facilitate a breach of civil law or criminal activity.
- You understand that your account is personal, and we may close or suspend your account if you attempt to transfer or allow another person to use your account.
- You have the responsibility to use appropriate security measures on your account. So, you should keep your username, password, and other security confidential and not disclose them to anyone else. Also, you shall protect your account from unauthorized access.
- We may check your website after being accepted for the affiliate program to ensure compliance with these Terms.
- At our discretion, we may reject an application to the affiliate program and are not obligated to disclose the reasons.
- We have the right to close or suspend any account and block access to our website and/or services if we deem that you have failed part or all of these terms.
- Using our website and/or services permits us to process your data and ensure that all the information you provide is accurate.
- Submitting your contact details lets us contact you anytime to notify you of your affiliate account or activity on our site.
Our Relationship with You
These Terms do not constitute or be deemed to create a partnership between you and us. Also, they shall not designate, or be deemed to designate, you as our agent for any purpose.
Regarding any express provision contrary to these terms, you shall have no authority or right to enter into a contract, give warranty, make representation, assume the obligation, incur liability, whether implied or expressed, on our behalf, or bind us in any way whatsoever.
Website Links and Cookies
We will provide materials in your affiliate dashboard to facilitate linkage with our website and/or services. The materials include the HTML code for the link and various graphic files (e.g., banners) to which you shall apply the HTML code.
You agree to the following:
- Copy the HTML code precisely as it appears on your affiliate dashboard, and you shall not modify the code in any way. If you don’t comply with this provision, you may not benefit from subscriptions generated through your affiliate link.
- Not alter or modify the graphic files we provided without prior written authorization. Also, you may not use graphics of your own to link to our website and/or services other than the ones we have provided. However, you may display all the graphic files we provided as links throughout the website as you deem appropriate subject to these Terms.
- Assume full responsibility for maintaining links to our website and/or services from your website.
- We have the right to request the removal or alteration of a link from your website.
When a customer accesses our website and/or services with your affiliate link, we place a tracking cookie on the customer’s device to identify the customer as a referral to you. However, the customer must create an account and/or purchase a subscription within 90 days, after which the cookie will expire. Suppose the customer uses another device to create an account or erases the cookie before creating an account. In that case, we shall not have an obligation to pay a commission relating to any subscription the said customer purchases.
Display of Pricing Information
You are allowed to display pricing and other related information. However, your responsibility is to update the information through your own efforts. We may inform you of any pricing alterations, but we are not obligated to do so.
Note: We have the right, at our discretion, to change the pricing according to our policies.
We shall employ all the necessary means to process and fulfill all orders for subscriptions made by customers through your affiliate link.
We have the right to decline any uncompliant orders with our policies. It shall be our responsibility to ensure all orders are completed, and the provision of services complies with our customer terms and conditions. Also, we shall conduct order entry, process payment, cancel subscriptions, and subsequent customer service. Besides allowing the customer to use your affiliate link to access our website and/or services, you shall not have further involvement with the customer. If your email ID or any of your user’s email IDs is registered in our database, we will not track or commission any sale made through your affiliate link.
Promotions of Affiliate Link
The following methods do not apply to selling or promoting subscriptions:
- Email SPAM – This includes sending unsolicited marketing emails. However, you can send emails to people you know or who give you consent to send them marketing emails for products and services related to ExtremeVPN.
- Comment SPAM – This includes posting referral links on blogs, message forums, and boards where the content or discussions are unrelated to our website and/or services we offer. However, you can advertise your referral link on websites that discusses VPN/Proxy services or any online security and privacy topics. You shall not use automated bots to post comments with your affiliate link.
- Black hat techniques include keyword stuffing, private link networks, cloaking, doorway pages, or invisible text.
- Incentives – Providing incentives to users like cash back or any other rewards, unless facilitated by features on our website and/or services.
- Using the brand name – You are not allowed to use the brand name in your domain extensions in any way, form, or shape (.us, .co.uk, .fr, .org, .com, etc.)
- Using banned keywords – You shall not bid on any online advertising system (like Google Adwords, etc.) with the following keywords and any variation or misspelling: ExtremeVPN, ExtremeVPN software, or ExtremeVPN app. We may suspend your commission for up to a month if we find you using these keywords or any variation or misspelling.
You shall not put your affiliate links on any website with content that uses an affiliate ID or link to buy user accounts or promote similar activity in any way. In such a case, we have the right to take any action necessary, including suspending your affiliate account.
All links shall have the attribute of ‘sponsored’ or ‘no-follow.’ According to Google’s new policy, you must use rel=‘sponsored’ or rel=‘nofollow’ in your hyperlink attribute for our affiliate link.
For example, it should appear as follows:
<a rel=”sponsored” href=”https://billing.www.extreme.com/aff.php?aff=xyz”> ExtremeVPN </a>
<a rel=”nofollow” href=”https://billing.www.extremevpn.com/aff.php?aff=xyz”> ExtremeVPN </a>
Sales Reporting and Payment of Referrals Fees
We will display the full sales report of subscriptions generated via your affiliate links on your affiliate dashboard. However, we can modify the reports’ form and content without prior notice.
Our affiliate commission rates are available on our site, and we reserve the right to alter these rates and pricing at any time, within our discretion, without giving notice.
According to these Terms, we shall pay you a referral commission on all sales of subscriptions your affiliate link generates, except for subscriptions paid via Google Play Store, Linkshare, or Apple iTunes Store. We shall send the payment through your chosen method in your affiliate dashboard. If you don’t select a particular payment method, we shall not have any obligation to send payments.
We are responsible for sending payment to the details you have provided, and we won’t bear any liability for lost payments due to the incorrect payment information you have provided.
We will send the payment after receiving your request through [email protected] between the 1st and 10th of the month, as long as your balance is above the minimum payment threshold. For bank wire transfers, the minimum threshold is $500, while for PayPal is $100.
Please note that our default payment currency is the US dollar, and the payment cycle begins on the first and ends on the last day of the month. We will pay commissions after the billing cycle, between the 15th and 20th of the next month.
Before making any payments, we can check if your account complies with these terms. However, we shall not have any obligation to send you any payments if you breach these terms.
If it is unclear how you are referring customers to our website and/or services, we may request you provide such information before making any payments. If the customer you refer chargeback, cancels or asks for a refund, we will cancel your commission. If we have already paid the said commission, we shall deduct the amount from the subsequent payment we make to you. Refunds to customers will be made at our sole discretion or according to our refund policy.
Suppose the rate of the chargeback(s), cancellation, or refunds on your account is strangely high, or we suspect your affiliate account is used for illegal activities. In that case, we have the right to impose restrictions like suspending your account and holding all the amount in the account. Furthermore, we shall commence investigations and/or inform the relevant authorities or third parties of any fraud or suspected fraud in your account. We shall remove the restrictions on your account when we are satisfied that the matter has been resolved.
Note that we do not pay commissions on extensions or add-ons.
We have the sole and exclusive ownership of all intellectual property rights on our site, including codes, texts, sounds, graphics, video, images, and photographs.
When you join our affiliate program, we give you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use our trademarks, ‘ExtremeVPN’ and ‘ExtremeVPN.’ We allow you to use our trademarks to the extent you need to establish affiliate links and conduct your duty as an affiliate under these Terms. However, you shouldn’t place affiliate links on websites that use our trademarks in their domain names, like www.extremevpndiscounts.com or any website that gives the impression that it belongs to us. If you use any of our videos, you shall not edit the content or links within them.
If you want to use our trademarks for any purpose outside these Terms, you must not proceed without our written consent, which shall be at our discretion.
By accepting these Terms, you agree that;
- The trademarks shall remain as the properties of ExtremeVPN unless and until we assign them to a third party.
- Nothing in these Terms shall be considered to grant you any ownership rights in our trademarks.
- You shall not contest or dispute the validity of our trademarks.
By accepting these Terms, you agree to exempt and indemnify us against all liability, damages, loss, cost, and expenses incurred or awarded against or paid by us due to or in connection with a breach of any warranty you have given relating to your website; claims that your website infringes the copyright, trademark, patent or any other intellectual property of another person; any act or omission by you or your employees, subcontractors or agents in performing your obligations stipulated in these Terms.
We shall not bear any responsibility for indirect or consequential loss that you may incur even if such loss is foreseeable or we have been advised that the loss will be suffered.
Terms and Termination
This agreement will become effective when we approve your application to join our affiliate program. It will continue to be binding unless and until the parties notify each other in writing that they wish to end this agreement, in which case it becomes terminated.
Regarding notification of termination, delivery through email is deemed a written and immediate form of notification. Besides the other provisions in terms, we reserve the right to terminate this agreement without notice if we establish that:
- You or any of your referred customers engage in fraudulent activities or are suspected of being involved in fraud.
- We cannot authenticate your identity, and you cannot provide us with relevant information to verify your identity.
- You are based in one of the blocked countries (even if you have disguised your identity and bypassed geo-blocks with a VPN)
- Any of your activities threaten the program’s integrity, and/or you are involved in spreading false or negative narratives, sentiments, or views about us.
Use of Information
You consent that we may use your personally identifiable information (like your name, email address, or telephone number) for the following purposes:
- Configure and maintain your account and the provisions of the services related to the program.
- Monitor, investigate, prevent, and/or detect breaches of these Terms and unlawful, criminal, or improper activities (like money laundering) and report such activities to relevant authorities or online providers.
- To inform you of future events, promotions, and offers relating to your account and provide necessary information about your account.
- Any other purpose essential for performing our contractual obligations to you or for implementing your compliance with your contractual obligations to us.
You hereby allow us to use your personal information we have stipulated above, including disclosing it to third parties for purposes like:
- Identification and/or age verification agencies and/or credit checking agencies.
- Relevant authorities.
- Other online service providers
- Banks, electronic payment providers, credit card companies, or other financial institutions.
You hereby agree to cooperate with us regarding the investigation of activities which us or any such third party may conduct.
The terms in this agreement and any other contract or communication between us shall be in English. According to the law, information or communication between us should be in writing. You agree that your correspondence with us will be mainly electronic, through our website or email, which implies written communication.
We will use several methods to contact you, like email, telephone, or postal address you provide when registering an account. In addition, you shall send any communication or notice to us through email or postal addresses.
These Terms and any other material mentioned therein:
- Establishes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the affiliate program.
- Supersedes prior or current representations, agreements, or communication between you and us about the affiliate program.
Any other obligation, provision, or condition different from or in addition to these Terms will not bind us unless authorized by one of our directors and specifically and explicitly stated to be a variation of these Terms.
Any invalid or unenforceable provision in these Terms will not affect the other Terms.
Transfer of Rights and Obligations
The contract between you and us (as herein) is an agreement between you and us, our respective successors and assignees. Accordingly, without our written consent, you shall not assign, transfer, charge, sub-contract, or otherwise dispose of this contract, your rights, or obligations therein. However, we may assign, transfer, sub-contract, charge, or otherwise dispose of this contract with you or our rights or obligations at our discretion and without notice or approval.
Delays in Enforcement
If we cannot enforce strict performance of your obligation or fail to exercise our remedies or rights, it will not eliminate such remedies or rights. This will not relieve you from fulfilling such commitments.
ExtremeVPN shall not bear any liability under any circumstance for consequential, punitive, or incidental damages because of or in any way connected with this agreement and/or our website and/or services that you may choose to purchase or use, including loss of service use, damages for lost profits, loss of data, damages to third parties, loss of privacy. This limited liability provision shall be applicable even if ExtremeVPN has been notified of the possibility of any claims. At no particular time, instance, or event shall ExtremeVPN’s maximum liability exceed the total amount paid by you for our website and/or services.
Note: Although ExtremeVPN may change or modify its Terms and Conditions, the latest version is available here. At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to revise these Terms and Conditions as and when necessary. By continuing to use our website and/or services after we have modified the Terms and Conditions, you agree to be bound by this agreement.