100% Anonymous Experience with ExtremeVPN
ExtremeVPN offers users the safety and privacy they need as they use the internet, protecting their data and traffic. And not only do we protect users from nefarious third parties, but we also ensure that you are protected from everyone — ExtremeVPN included.
ExtremeVPN Never Collects Users Data
- IP addresses (originally yours or our VPN-generated IP)
- Internet activity history
- Web traffic and metadata
- DNS queries
We also ensured that our apps and servers were designed to filter for and eliminate sensitive user information. This action is to make extra sure and keep our 100% anonymous user experience. It comes in handy if ExtremeVPN is ever compelled to present any of its customer data — we can’t because we do not even have it in the first place.
What Does ExtremeVPN Allowed to Collect and Why?
Although we do not collect your private data, we need specific information to serve you better. These pieces of information are minimal and can only tell us how you interact with our services. Below are the data ExtremeVPN can collect:
- Information about the dates you connect to the VPN service. We do not log the times.
- The app type (depending on your device) and the version you downloaded or used.
- The exact server location you choose to connect to.
- Data on the amount of data, often in megabytes, you consume daily.
As you can see, ExtremeVPN cannot use the information it collects to pinpoint user identity, location, or even internet behavior. We know so little because we want to serve you more.
Why does ExtremeVPN Need to Collect Any Information at all?
Since we have covered the nature of the information we can collect, we need to discuss why we do it. Below are the reasons ExtremeVPN needs to collect user information:
- To help our support staff troubleshoot technical issues you might encounter as you use any of the ExtremeVPN apps
- To better offer technical support to customers, quickly pinpoint any connection problems, and give region-specific tips on how to use our service correctly
- To give ExtremeVPN engineers the upper hand in correctly identifying and fixing any network issues you may have.
ExtremeVPN will also need to collect anonymous data about your usage, none of which can be traced back to you. These include:
- Speed test data
- Connection failures
- Crash/failure reports
And if you do not want to share any of these with us, you can toggle the settings in your ExtremeVPN app to tailor the data sent to us.
Detailed List of the Things ExtremeVPN will not Log
ExtremeVPN will never store any user activity or connection logs. However, we need to explain what this truly means in detail, and we can do so with two primary talking points:
- Connection logs: ExtremeVPN will not log user connection data; this includes connection timestamps, source IP address, duration of the sessions, or the VPN-generated IP address.
- Activity logs: Not only can ExtremeVPN not record your activities, but it cannot see any of them — not the stores you browse or even the websites you visit. Our apps are designed never to log your traffic destination and to ensure this is failproof. We use our own encrypted DNS on each of our servers for that extra layer of privacy.
ExtremeVPN Prioritizes User Privacy
Our goal is to ensure absolute user privacy, which means we will never keep any records of your activities online while connected to a VPN. For this reason, we have designed our systems so that we never truly know how users utilize our services.
The system cannot and will not give specific or detailed information about any one user. For example, ExtremeVPN systems cannot provide information on which users used a specific IP address at a particular time or who went to which website. The truth is that we do not process this data.
ExtremeVPN Supports the Fight for Digital Rights
With ExtremeVPN, you are assured of staying anonymous and keeping all your private data private.
Advocates for Digital Freedom
As part of our support for digital freedom and anonymity, we also financially support others who are championing the cause in different ways. They are listed below:
- Fight for the Future
- Access Now
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- The Internet Defense League
We agree that privacy is not just a privilege but a universal human right, and we continue to uphold this idea.
We are an Offshore VPN Based in the British Virgin Islands
You don’t have to worry about privacy laws mandating ExtremeVPN to reveal any user’s private information. ExtremeVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands, which affords us optimum privacy and anonymity, exempting our users and us from any U.S. or European law.
100% Private VPN Apps Designed for Just about any Device
ExtremeVPN has a beginner-friendly and easy-to-navigate VPN app for every device and handy VPN extensions for your favorite browsers. We have VPN apps for:
The ExtremeVPN apps offer users an easier means to experience a faster, more secure, and private internet connection without the looming fear of your information getting logged. This is our policy; this is our promise.
We have extensions for the following:
- Firefox browser
- Chrome browser
- Edge browser