At ExtremeVPN, we’re committed to protecting your privacy. We are strongly dedicated to ensuring your private data’s confidentiality and security. Under ExtremeVPN, we’re one.
- Password (kept encrypted, even we cannot see it)
- Email address
- Payment details
We use this information to provide and improve our core services to you, our customers. We do not collect data during signing up but use what has already been stored.
In addition, we collect the following information for better service delivery and customer support.
- ISP tracking – We do NOT gather or track user’s private IP or actual location
- Duration of connection – We do NOT store users’ connection time to our servers
- Days of connection – We do NOT keep records of the time you connect to our services
- Usage and Activity logs – We do NOT store any logs related to your usage or activity
To improve our service delivery via app, we gather the following data:
- Data from feedback forms, emails, and live chats
- Program analytics and statistics
The key point is that the information we collect above cannot be used to identify users.
Besides ensuring we do not store or use your identifiable logs to monitor your activity, we do not share any data with other parties, even if forced to.
Please note that we do not store any of the following information:
- Websites visited
- Browsing history
- Web activity
- Users’ connection logs
- Assigned IP address
- Actual IP address
- Connection timestamps
- Outgoing traffic
- Accessed data
- DNS queries originating from users
In fact, we can’t see your online activities.
Our servers, systems, and processes do not store any identifiable data. We’ve deliberately designed our systems to ensure no data is stored.
We use the information we collect to improve our service delivery and other reasons, including;
- Providing and maintaining our services
- Enhancing and personalizing our services
- Analyzing and enhancing user experience
- Communicating with our customers, providing updates, marketing and promotion, and other service-related information
- Processing transactions
- Improving contract management
- Enforcing our user policy and other legal provisions
ExtremeVPN connection logs DO NOT collect the following information:
- Your VPN IP
- Your actual IP
- Connection time to our server
- Online activities when connected to the VPN’s servers
NOTE: If a user buys a dedicated IP addon, we assign a dedicated VPN IP which we retain for 25 days after the subscription becomes obsolete.
Bandwidth Usage and Consumption
We offer our users unlimited bandwidth regardless of the manner they use it. However, we monitor the user’s total bandwidth consumer to ensure every user gets optimum speeds and the best experience from our service.
We may contact a user if we notice bandwidth irregularities and service disruption.
Program Analytics and Statistics
ExtremeVPN collects minimal statistical data, but that doesn’t include IP addresses, internet traffic information, DNS requests, or other identifiable data. We do so to ensure the best service delivery and customer support.
We conduct diagnostics and crash reports monitoring to:
- Gain deeper insights into our software functionality
- Understand app events
- Monitor app usage
- Understand aggregated usage
- See data performance
- Monitor failed connection attempts
For reporting purposes, we use the following tools:
- Google Analytics
- New Relic
- Facebook pixel
For compatibility reasons, customers are responsible for ensuring their apps are up-to-date.
However, we notify users about new updates whenever possible.
Data from Feedback Forms, Emails, and Live Chat
Besides users’ information, ExtremeVPN stores user correspondence for improved service delivery and effective customer service. We record all questions, compliments, and complaints submitted using our extensions, apps, or websites.
Usually, we use the following channels for customer support and correspondence:
- Tawk.to: For live customer chat
- Zendesk: For issuing tickets
- Mailchimp: For emails
- MixPanel and WHMCS: To build relations with our customers
- SendGrid: For emails
When interacting with ExtremeVPN, the third-party platform retains the user’s name and email address.
International Data Transfers
Except for the stored data listed in section 2, ExtremeVPN does not store, share, sell, or rent user data to third parties. Therefore, we do not keep such information. The stored data is only used to provide products and services and is kept safe from prying eyes.
Security Measures for Data Protection
We employ necessary measures to protect user data, including cryptography, from unauthorized access, damage, or disclosure. ExtremeVPN restricts access to user data to contractors, agents, and employees.
It is key to note that despite our efforts to protect your data, no system is considered 100% immune to possible threats.
Data Retention Policy and Protection Rights
European Economic Area (EEA) residents enjoy the following data protection rights:
- Users can access, adjust or amend information submitted to us via their profiles
- You can choose to unsubscribe from our marketing emails
- If you no longer need our services, you can request us to delete your profile. You can reach us via [email protected]. Kindly note that the request can take up to 30 days to complete. We will also retain your email to avoid duplicating your account or creating a fake one using your details. Deleting your email address will only be possible if you explicitly ask us to do so.
ExtremeVPN and Cookies
Third-party Website Links
We might include links to other websites on our official webpage. However, we do not control how they use your private information, nor can we assume responsibility for their actions.
Financial and Credit Information
Like other online businesses, we rely on third parties to process payments. However, in some cases, we are necessitated to process the payment ourselves. In such circumstances, we process real-time payments, transfer them to third parties, and request a chargeback without retaining your data.
Ensure you review third-party processors’ Privacy Policies to gain insights into how they gather, store, or use your data.
Since we are committed to privacy and anonymity, we accept Gift Cards and Coin Payments as modes of payment. These methods protect your privacy by ensuring that you’re 100% anonymous.
Age Restrictions and Consent
Our services are meant for persons of age 18 years or older.
If there is any underage or unauthorized usage of ExtremeVPN’s services, we request legal guardians or parents notify us promptly to take necessary action.
The legal grounds for collecting and utilizing your private information are to offer you the best services and may vary based on the following:
- Private information in question
- Context of data collection
We only collect personal information from users if:
- They sign up for our services
- Where data usage is in the best interests of the company and not violating users’ privacy rights.