How to Change DNS?
We’ve got you covered if you need to modify your DNS settings. Here’s a quick and easy approach to doing it, depending on your device:
Here’s a summarized version of the steps to change DNS on Windows:
- Open the notification box and choose the network icon.
- Open Network and Internet settings.
- Choose your Ethernet or Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change adapter settings.
- Right-click your connected Network and choose Properties.
- In the window that appears, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Open the menu options, and click “Use the following DNS server addresses.”
- Enter 220.127.116.11 as the Preferred DNS and 18.104.22.168 as the Alternate DNS.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured DNS on your device.
- Locate the Apple icon at the screen’s top left corner to access the System preferences.
- Choose the Network option from the menu.
- Go to the Advanced settings.
- Access the DNS tab.
- Add 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 by clicking on the “+” sign, then click Ok.
- Apply the changes.
Your device’s DNS configuration is now successfully set up.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Access the Wi-Fi section.
- Choose your currently connected Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the IP Settings option.
- Select the Static option.
- Enter “188.8.131.52” and “184.108.40.206” as the DNS 1 and DNS 2, respectively.
- Save the changes by tapping the Save button.
You have successfully configured DNS on your device.
- Click the Network Connection icon on the top right.
- Choose Edit Connections.
- Select the Wired tab and click Edit.
- Go to the IPv4 Settings tab.
- Add DNS addresses (e.g., 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168) in the Additional DNS Servers field, separated by a comma. Save.
- Close the editing process for Wired Connections.
- The DNS configuration is now complete.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on System Settings and select Network.
- Choose TCP/IP.
- Choose “Use the following DNS server addresses.”
- Enter 22.214.171.124 in the Primary DNS box and 126.96.36.199 in the Secondary DNS box.
- Click Apply to save the settings.
You have successfully configured DNS on your QNAP device.
How helpful was this guide? Share your thoughts below. Your recommendations matter to us and everyone else in our cyber security community.