ExtremeVPN PPTP Configuration on Keenetic Wi-Fi N300 Router
The Keenetic Wi-Fi N300 Router is a market-leading Wi-Fi access point for 4G routers implementing the IEEE 802.11n standard. It operates on a single 2.4 GHz frequency band and is interoperable with a wide range of wireless networking standards, including IEEE 802.11b/g/n devices.
The router runs on 4G Qualcomm innovation while remaining compatible with all LTE / 4G / 3G SIM cards. It is user-friendly, long-lasting, and dependable, especially against internet dangers, and includes kid safety tools.
The Keenetic Wi-Fi N300 router supports the Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), which can connect to a VPN service, business network, or Keenetic router. Because of its simplicity and availability, PPTP provides a secure tunnel between two local networks. Furthermore, using the MPPE protocol, PPTP allows fast internet transfers from cellphones, tablets, or PCs.
Although the Keenetic Wi-Fi N300 router also supports the L2TP (Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol) connection in addition to PPTP, we will concentrate on the PPTP connection for this study.
Having a router that supports a VPN is highly advantageous since establishing a VPN tunnel on your router improves the safety and security of all household devices. The Keenetic Wi-Fi N300 router protects and guarantees comprehensive online security for the entire home, especially for devices not supporting VPNs. Because of its efficacy in protecting against malware, ExtremeVPN is the best choice for your Keenetic Wi-Fi N300 router.
Setting up an ExtremeVPN on a Keenetic Wi-Fi N300 Router
- Excellent Internet Connection: Ensure you have a stable internet connection before configuring. Interactions between the ExtremeVPN and Keenetic Wi-Fi N300 networks will be more accessible if your internet connection is strong. As a result, for an effective VPN setup, a strong internet connection is necessary
- Keenetic Wi-Fi N300 Router with VPN Support: To make this configuration work, check to see if your router supports VPN setup or buy a Keenetic Wi-Fi N300 router that does. If you need assistance deciding whether your router is compatible, consult the manual.
- ExtremeVPN Premium Account: Many VPN services available today are more spyware than VPN. Many VPN services, especially unpaid ones, are unreliable; hence, we recommend an ExtremeVPN premium (paid membership) account.
- Obtain your ExtremeVPN credentials; use your registered login details to enter the membership panel of your ExtremeVPN account.
- Go to the subscription page on the dashboard, then scroll down to see your login and password, which you should copy.
- Log in to your Keenetic Wi-Fi N300 router’s control panel, click Other Connections under Internet, and Create Connection.
- Under the Description tab, you can put anything you want to describe your Connection, such as MyExtremeVPN, ExtremeVPN US, ExtremeVPN UK, and so on. Choose any server from the dropdown list; this is where you specify your geolocation if you wish to circumvent a geo-restriction.
- Enter the ExtremeVPN username and password that you copied in Step 1.
- Change the Authentication setting from Auto to CHAP.
- Lastly, click Save.
- Now that your connection profile is ready, click the Toggle option to see if you are now connected. If your Keenetic Wi-Fi N300 router is on and functioning, you can now use the ExtremeVPN capabilities. After a successful connection, a quick Google search might help you confirm if your router is active.
Was this guide helpful? Share your thoughts below. We value your recommendations and experiences.