How to Configure OpenVPN on NetDuma and Nighthawk Router
Setting up the ExtremeVPN tunnel on your router is the most straightforward approach to ensuring the privacy and security of your home’s devices. This solution is great for devices without VPN support or for securing all Wi-Fi-connected devices at home.
Check out this guide on setting up NetDuma and Nighthawk routers due to their increasing popularity. If you wish to connect, follow this method.
Things to Consider:
- Ensure you have a functional internet connection.
- Confirm that your router supports VPN.
- Obtain a Premium ExtremeVPN account. If you haven’t purchased one yet, click 👉here to buy it.
- Access the ExtremeVPN member area.
- Login using your registered email and password.
- Go to the subscriptions tab and scroll down.
- Locate your VPN credentials.
- Note your ExtremeVPN username.
- To view your password, click the Eye symbol.
- Use the credentials for manual configuration.
Follow the below steps:
- Add ExtremeVPN to NetGear (Netduma & Nighthawk) via the Hybrid VPN option.
- Ensure you have the latest Netduma R1, Nighthawk XR500, XR450, or XR700 firmware.
- For Netduma R1, sign up for Open Beta to receive the latest firmware and instructions.
- If not signed up, visit https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/.
- For Nighthawk, update to the current XR500 firmware by going to Settings > Administration > Firmware Update and click Check.
- Configure VPN settings under the Hybrid VPN option in Netduma and Nighthawk routers.
- Enter VPN credentials (username and password) and select ExtremeVPN as the provider.
- Choose the desired country and protocol (TCP or UDP).
- Enable Hybrid VPN and check the logs for connection status.
- To connect to ExtremeVPN, click “Enable.”
- To redirect VPN traffic to specific devices, click Add Device and select the desired Device from the list of connected devices.
How helpful was this article? Drop your comments below. Your experience matters to us and everyone else in the entire cyber security community,