How to Configure OpenVPN on Netgear Genie (Having Genie Firmware only)
Setting up the ExtremeVPN tunnel on your router is an excellent approach to protect of all of your home’s devices. This solution is especially helpful if your devices that do not support VPNs or if you want to secure all of your home’s Wi-Fi connected devices.
Now, ExtremeVPN is compatible with your Netgear Genie as well. Use the detailed instructions below to set up ExtremeVPN in a matter of minutes manually.
Things to Consider:
- Ensure you have a functional internet connection.
- Confirm that your router supports VPN.
- Obtain a Premium ExtremeVPN account. If you arn’t an old customer, click here to buy one.
- Access the ExtremeVPN member area by clicking on the provided👉 link.
- Sign in to the Member area using your registered email address and password.
- Scroll down to the subscriptions tab to locate your VPN credentials.
- To view your password for manual settings, click the Eye symbol and note your
- ExtremeVPN username.
- Access your Netgear Genie router control panel.
- Click on the VPN Client option in the left side panel.
- Enable the VPN Client by checking the box.
- Choose ExtremeVPN as the VPN Server.
- Select your desired protocol for the VPN connection.
- Choose a location by selecting a country of your choice.
- Enter your VPN credentials. Refer to the instructions on how to find them.
- To establish the VPN connection, click the Connect button.
- Complete the Netgear Genie VPN setup process.
Got help through this guide? Rate and share your thoughts below. Your comments matter to us and everyone else in the entire cyber security community.