How to Configure PPTP on Newifi Router
Setting up the ExtremeVPN tunnel on your router is an excellent approach to secure the safety and security of all of your home’s devices. This solution is great for devices without VPN support or securing all Wi-Fi-connected devices at home.
You may always establish ExtremeVPN on your Newifi router for more security. However, if don’t know how to do this, follow these steps:
To ensure maximum security, follow these steps to setup a VPN on your Newifi router.
Things to Consider:
- Ensure you have a functional internet connection.
- Make sure your router supports VPN.
- Obtain a Premium ExtremeVPN account. If you haven’t purchased one yet, you can buy it by clicking here.
- Access the ExtremeVPN member area. Click 👉 here to visit.
- Login with your registered email and password.
- Scroll to the subscriptions tab.
- Locate and copy your VPN credentials.
- Write down your ExtremeVPN username.
- Click the Eye icon to reveal your password for manual configuration.
You must first establish a connection with the router. You need to enter the following address in your browser to do that:
- Connect to your Newifi router by entering http://192.168.0.1 in your browser.
- Log in with your router’s username and password.
- Go to Network Map > Internet Status.
- Select “More Config…” and choose the VPN client option.
- Choose the VPN Client Protocol as PPTP.
- Enter the server address based on your desired location.
United Kingdom: ukl1.pointtoserver.com
United States: usil1.pointtoserver.com, ustx1.pointtoserver.com, usca1.pointtoserver.com, usfl1.pointtoserver.com, usny1.pointtoserver.com, uswdc1.pointtoserver.com
- Enter your VPN credentials.
- Set Authentication Algorithm to MS-CHAPv2.
Was this guide useful? Share your thoughts below. We value your comments and recommendations.