PPTP Configuration on a Sitecom Gigabit Router
The Sitecom Gigabit router is a fast wifi-N router with wireless speeds of up to 300 Mbps and wired speeds of up to 1000 Mbps. It features two antennas for strong wireless coverage and four wired connectors.
Because of its high-speed and stable Internet connection, the Sitecom Gigabit router is ideal for gaming consoles. It also allows you to share data with peripheral devices. Furthermore, the Sitecom Gigabit router has a ten-year warranty and is simple with its One-Push-Setup button mechanism for connecting to new devices.
Installing ExtremeVPN on your Sitecom Gigabit router is a great approach to protect any device connected to the router. This solution is helpful if you have gadgets that can connect to the internet but cannot install a VPN.
ExtremeVPN provides clients maximum security against dangerous internet threats and the ability to configure a router. This article will walk you through configuring an ExtremeVPN on a Sitecom Gigabit router.
Consider the following
It would be best if you kept a few things in mind before we begin configuring your Sitecom Gigabit router.
- Robust Internet connection: Before establishing your VPN, ensure you have a strong Internet connection, as a poor Internet connection will interfere with interactions between ExtremeVPN and Sitecom networks.
- VPN-capable Router: Check to verify if your Sitecom Gigabit router’s version is VPN-enabled since most Sitecom Gigabit routers are wireless VPN-capable. Premium Account with ExtremeVPN: Other VPN services are available, but you must exercise caution to avoid installing spyware disguised as a VPN on your device. Many VPN services, particularly free ones, are unreliable; consequently, we recommend using an ExtremeVPN premium (paid membership) account. We recommend using an ExtremeVPN premium (paid membership) version for this setup.
Once you have met all of the requirements, you can begin the setup procedure.
- Obtain your ExtremeVPN credentials; use your registered login details to access the membership panel of your ExtremeVPN account.
Navigate to the subscription page from the dashboard, then scroll down to locate your username and password, which you must remember for manual configuration.
- Using your router’s default gateway, navigate to your control panel and select Wizard, then Next. Choose Others from the Country drop-down menu and Manual Configuration from the Service tab, then click Next.
- Choose PPTP as your login method, type ‘ExtremeVPN’ in the Hostname field, and select your selected server from the list of available servers.
- Enter your ExtremeVPN credentials from Step 1. Contact ExtremeVPN customer care for your server address and enter it in the PPTP gateway area. Enter 1400 in the MTU field and press the Apply button.
- It takes 16 seconds for your IP to change after a successful connection. After rebooting, your router should be active and operational, as a quick Google search can confirm. If the Google search returns an IP address and location that differs from your regular location, double-check the results and make any necessary modifications.
How helpful was this guide? Share your thoughts below. Your recommendations matter to us and everyone else in the entire cyber security community.