ExtremeVPN PPTP Configuration on TotoLink Router
ExtremeVPN PPTP (Point-to-Point Tunnelling Protocol) is one of the fastest protocols available, making it the best choice for gaming, watching online content, or browsing. Configuring this ExtremeVPN protocol on your router assures you of a fast internet connection on all devices connected to the router. Also, you have the advantage of enjoying security and privacy whenever you connect to the internet.
TotoLink supports a PPTP connection; fortunately, the steps involved are straightforward. Follow this guide to figure out how to make this connection on your TotoLink router.
Things to Consider
Before you start the configuration process, ensure you have the following;
- A stable internet connection
- A VPN-supported router
- A premium ExtremeVPN account (if you are not subscribed to one yet, you can click here to buy)
Before we can proceed with this guide, you will need to know what your ExtremeVPN credentials are, as they are essential during manual configuration. If you don’t know it, you can follow these steps to access them;
- Visit the ExtremeVPN member area. You can click here to visit our member area.
- Enter your ExtremeVPN registered email address and password in the space provided and click on Login.
- Once logged in, click on the Subscription tab, which you will see on the left panel.
- On the subscription page, scroll down to see your VPN credentials.
- You can see and copy your ExtremeVPN credentials, which consist of your username and password. Click on the Eye icon beside your password to make it visible and easier to copy.
Here are the steps involved in setting up ExtremeVPN PPTP on your TotoLink router:
- Login into your TotoLink router.
- Select Network from the left panel.
- Click on WAN Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Under WAN Type, select PPTP/Dual WAN access PPTP.
- On the space provided for username and password, enter your ExtremeVPN credentials which you copied earlier.
- Type your desired server under Server IP/Domain Name Address. If you don’t know your server address, you can refer to this list below;
- Germany: de1.pointtoserver.com
- Netherlands: nl1.pointtoserver.com
- United Kingdom: ukl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usil1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: ustx1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usca1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usfl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usny1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: uswdc1.pointtoserver.com
- Australia: au-sd1.pointtoserver.com
- Check the box beside Enable MPPE Encryption and Enable MPPC Compression.
- Click on DHCP client.
- Choose Set DNS Manually. You can now add the following DNS servers:
- DNS1: 18.104.22.168
- DNS2: 22.214.171.124
- DNS3: 126.96.36.199
- Click on Save Changes and Apply.
How helpful you will rate this guide? Share your thoughts below. Your recommendations matter to us and our cyber security community.