How to Configure ExtremeVPN on Unifi Router
Configuring ExtremeVPN on your Unifi router is an excellent method to ensure that all your devices connected to the router are safe from online threats. Also, ExtremeVPN offers a limited number of simultaneous connections. But, by connecting our VPN to your Unifi router, you can protect as many devices as possible while using only one of your available connections.
You can easily set up ExtremeVPN on your router in simple steps, which only take a few minutes. This article will provide you with a detailed guide on how you can connect ExtremeVPN to your Unifi firmware router.
Things to Consider
Before you start this setup, ensure you have the following;
- A stable internet connection
- A VPN-supported router
- A premium ExtremeVPN account (if you are not subscribed to one yet, you can click here to buy)
Before starting the setup process, you need to know your ExtremeVPN credentials, as they are essential during manual configuration. If you don’t know it, you can follow these steps to access them;
- Visit the ExtremeVPN member area. You can click here to visit our member area.
- Enter your ExtremeVPN registered email address and password in the space provided and click on Login.
- Once logged in, click on the Subscription tab, which you will see on the left panel.
- On the subscription page, scroll down to see your VPN credentials.
- You can see and copy your ExtremeVPN credentials, which consist of your username and password. Click on the Eye icon beside your password to make it visible and easier to copy.
- Your copied credentials can now be used for manual configuration.
Follow the steps below to configure ExtremeVPN on your Unifi router:
- Before starting the setup, download the ExtremeVPN configuration file for Unix here.
- Log in to your router’s control panel. If you don’t know how to, kindly go through your router’s manual guide.
- From your control panel, select Settings, which you will see as a gear icon, and click on Teleport & VPN.
- On the Teleport & VPN page, select Create VPN Client.
- You will see a New VPN Client page. Enter the following information in the empty fields as specified:
- Name: ExtremeVPN
- VPN Type: ExtremeVPN
- Username and Password: Enter the VPN credentials you copied earlier. If you skipped that step, click here to get your ExtremeVPN credentials.
- Configuration file: Upload the Unix-based .evpn file, which you downloaded earlier in step 1.
- After entering the above information, click on Test & Save.
How helpful was this guide? Share your thoughts below. Your recommendations matter to us and our cyber security community.