ExtremeVPN PPTP Configuration on Zyxel Router
Zyxel Networks has offered internet services to businesses and individuals for over 30 years. They have produced the world’s first integrated 3-in-1 data/fax/voice modem 1992, revolutionizing internet services.
Zyxel Networks has constantly innovated and provided customer-centric services since its inception by encouraging creativity that fits the demands of clients. Moreover, they offer a line of home routers that share Internet access via wired and wireless connections.
Because some home gadgets cannot install a VPN, setting a VPN on a router is advantageous. As a result, installing a VPN on a router modifies the router’s capabilities with the VPN’s characteristics, making the router more secure.
ExtremeVPN is the best to install on your Zyxel router due to its efficacy in terms of online security. It is user-friendly, dependable, and offers many servers, making it the finest option for circumventing geo-restrictions.
ExtremeVPN provides a robust and consistent connection, eliminates throttling, and offers the best internet security. If you own a Zyxel router and need help determining which VPN to connect or how to configure your VPN, this post is for you.
Things to Consider
- Excellent Internet Access: Ensure you have a solid internet connection before configuring. Interactions between the ExtremeVPN and Kyxel networks will be easy if your internet connection is strong. As a result, a strong internet connection is essential for an efficient VPN setup.
- VPN-Supported Kyxel Router: Check whether your router supports VPN configuration or get a Kyxel router that does. Consult the documentation if you need help determining whether your router is compatible.
- Premium Account with ExtremeVPN: Many of today’s VPN services are more spyware than VPN. Many VPN services, particularly free ones, are untrustworthy, so we propose an ExtremeVPN premium (paid membership) account.
- Obtain your ExtremeVPN credentials; use your registered login details to access your ExtremeVPN account’s membership panel. Go to the dashboard’s subscription page, then scroll down to see your login and password, which you should copy.
- Log in to your Kyxel management panel; enter http://192.168.0.1 in your browser and input your login and password to access your router’s default gateway address. Please consult your manual for the correct default gateway address if this does not work.
- After login in, go to the Network tab and pick the WAN option from the drop-down list, then set the Connection Type to PPTP from the menu under WAN.
Enter the ExtremeVPN username and password you copied in Step 1, then select your preferred server based on your location preference. Then type in the following:
- Use to access the Internet: Check mark it
- DNS: Set it to Automatically
- First DNS Server: Type 220.127.116.11
- Second DNS Server: Type 18.104.22.168
- Click Apply to save your settings and connect to the VPN. You can now use the ExtremeVPN features on your Kyxel router if it is on and operational. After a successful connection, a quick Google search can help you confirm if your router is active.
How helpful was this guide? Drop your comments below. Your suggestions matter to us and our cyber security community.