How to Access Japanese TVer with a VPN
Are you an avid viewer of TVer, a popular Japanese ad-supported video-on-demand streaming service, and want to access it abroad? Use ExtremeVPN and access all of your favorite content on TVer, such as movies, TV dramas, comedy, and news, with top-of-the-line security protocols and ultra-fast connection speed.
- Exceptional connection speed on all servers
- Advanced security protocols
- Safe and smooth streaming experience
- 10 simultaneous connections per account
Access TVer Worldwide with a VPN – 3 Easy Steps
Purchase an ExtremeVPN subscription and install its application.
From the list of countries, select Japan and connect to any of its VPN servers.
Open the TVer app, click on your favorite content, and enjoy streaming!
What is TVer?
Launched in 2015, TVer is an ad-supported video-on-demand streaming platform owned by Japan’s top 5 commercial broadcasters. These broadcasters are Nippon TV, TBS Television, TV Asahi, Fuji Television, and TV Tokyo. TVer is completely free and earns revenue through advertisements like traditional TV channels.
The platform showcases an extensive content library built from over 115 TV channels broadcasting nationwide. It enables viewers to watch their favorite content live and on-demand for up to 7 days after their release on the platform.
If you love watching Japanese content, TVer is the right platform. On TVer, you can access many captivating Japanese TV series, documentaries, animes, movies, and more. For sports enthusiasts, the platform also airs various live sporting events, such as Fuji Boxing, the 2021 Super GT Series, professional baseball, and soccer.
How to Stream TVer outside Japan with a VPN?
If you are outside Japan, you won’t be able to stream on the TVer platform, as it employs geo-restriction techniques to restrict its content only within the country. This is because of their licensing and distributional agreements with other content partners and providers. So what would it take for you to access TVer while visiting abroad for business or vacation? Get a VPN!
A reliable VPN lets you change your actual location to wherever you want in the world. Suppose you are visiting the US on a business trip and want to watch your favorite show on TV; log in to your ExtremeVPN app and select a VPN location in Japan. The ExtremeVPN will then hide your location and assign you a virtual IP address from its servers in Japan. In this way, you will bypass the geo-restrictions of your desired content platform and have protection for the entire duration of your online session. In addition, because of its high-speed fleet of self-optimized servers, you can feel assured that your entertainment time will be buffering-free.
How to Configure TVer outside Japan on Multiple Devices
How to Set Up TVer on Apple Devices
To access TVer on your Apple devices outside of Japan, you need to perform the following steps:
- Buy an ExtremeVPN subscription and install its iOS-supported app from your device’s app store.
- After entering your login details, select a Japan-based server VPN.
- Download and Install the Tver app from the App Store and enter your account’s credentials.
- Click on any of your favorite content and enjoy streaming!
How to Set Up TVer on Android Devices
If you want to access TVer on your Android device outside Japan, you need to carry out the following steps:
- Grab an ExtremeVPN subscription and install its Android-based app from your device’s Google Play Store.
- Once Installed, launch the app and put in your credentials.
- From its considerable list of servers, choose a server VPN based out of Japan.
- Open the TVer official webpage or install its app from your device’s marketplace.
- Tap on any of your favorite shows or movies and enjoy streaming!
How to Configure TVer on Smart TV
To stream TV on your Smart TV outside Japan, perform the following actions:
- Purchase an ExtremeVPN subscription.
- Download and install the ExtremeVPN application from your TV’s application marketplace.
- Choose a Japanese server location.
- Plug in your Smart TV to the WiFi router.
- Download and set up your TV app from your smart TV’s application store and open your profile.
- Begin enjoying your favorite content on TVer on your TV wherever you are in the world!