Retrieving Error Logs in DD-WRT: A Step-by-Step Guide
Here are the steps that you can use to retrieve logs in the DD-WRT router:
- Enable the Syslogd option available under the services tab.
- Now move to the Status tab, choose OpenVPN, and copy the logs under the Log tab.
- If you find the logs tab empty, it indicates an issue with the VPN connection.
- To diagnose this, proceed to the Administration tab, press the Commands window, and run this command in the Command Shell:
- This command will generate the logs.
- To get further assistance, copy and share these log details with us. Please note that the most recent logs will appear towards the bottom of the System log window. To copy the log details, place your cursor over them, press Ctrl+A to select all, then right-click the mouse and select copy from the drop-down menu. Or you can press Ctrl+C once you select all. After that, create a new file or documentary where you want to save them and press Ctrl+V to paste the logs. Once you do it, you can share this file with us at [email protected] or our live chat customer support. We highly recommend attaching the logs as a text file (.txt) to ensure that the log details are shared without line breaks.
How helpful was this article? Please share your valuable comments below. Your recommendations matter to us and everyone else in the entire Cyber Security Community.