How to Configure ExtremeVPN PPTP on Huawei 5G CPE Pro2 Router
Getting an ExtremeVPN tunnel on your router is the most appropriate method to ensure the privacy and security of your devices. It works even for devices that don’t support VPN connectivities.
This article gives instructions to set up ExtremeVPN on your Huawei 5G CPE Pro2 Router. However, first, you should consider the following factors:
- You have a stable internet connection.
- A router device supporting VPN connections
- A premium ExtremeVPN subscription (click here to get an account if you don’t have one already)
To check your login credentials, you must visit the ExtremeVPN Member area. For this, follow the given instructions below:
- Sign in to the ExtremeVPN application using your email and password.
- Now go to the subscriptions tab. Scroll down until you find your VPN credentials.
- You can either view or copy your login details.
- Note your credentials and save them somewhere. In case you can’t see the password, click on the Eye button, and it will display the key.
- Now you can use these credentials to configure Hwawei 5G CPE Pro2 Router manually.
- You first need to connect to your router to configure it. For this, insert http://192.168.0.1 in your browser’s address. It will take you to the router’s control panel. Now, log in using your email and password.
- After you log in, click the Advanced option present at the top right of the screen.
- Move to the Router tab, then choose the VPN option.
- Check mark the Enable VPN option and switch Connection Type to PPTP VPN Client.
- Now, proceed to do the following configurations:
- Type in your server address, whatever you want to connect to.
- Enter your ExtremeVPN login credentials (username and pass).
- Tap on the Save button to apply the settings.
- ExtremeVPN will now be connected successfully to your Huawei router.
Was this guide helpful? Share your valuable comments below. We value your experience and recommendations.