How to Setup ExtremeVPN PPTP on Huawei Router
Set up an ExtremeVPN tunnel on your router to protect your devices at home. This process ensures the safety and security of all the devices connected to home wifi, even those that aren’t compatible with VPN connections.
This guide will help you to set up ExtremeVPN with PPTP on your Huawei router. We’ve used this guide for different router models, such as Huawei b818, Huawei b525, Huawei b535, hg8145v5, etc.
Factors to Check
- A steady Internet connection
- A VPN-supported router device
- Premium ExtremeVPN account (Click here to buy a subscription if you don’t have one already)
To check your VPN credentials, you’ve to visit the member area of the ExtremeVPN application.
- Use your login credentials (username and password) to sign in your Member area.
- The VPN credentials can be checked under the subscriptions tab. Scroll down the tab to find your credentials.
- Note your login details and remember them. You will see that the password is hidden.
- However, you can view it by clicking the Eye button.
- Now use these credentials to set up Huawei Router manually.
- Access your router’s administration panel.
- Click on VPN from the left side panel, and select the PPTP section.
- Now, make the following configurations:
- Enable PPTP LAC: Checkmark it.
- LNS address:
- Type in your desired server address. Use these server addresses as a reference:
- Hostname: Name anything you want, for example, ExtremeVPN, ExtremeVPN US, UK, etc.
- Tunnel password: Leave it empty
- Hello Interval (seconds): Set it to 60
- PPP username and password: Insert your ExtremeVPN login credentials.
- Connection mode: Switch to Auto
- Press Save.
How helpful was this guide? Share your valuable comments below. Your recommendations matter to us and everyone else in the entire cyber security community.