How to Configure ExtremeVPN PPTP on the Sabai Router
Sabai is a technology firmware firm specializing in VPN routers and related equipment. The company’s router technology intends to use your VPN service to safeguard router-connected devices.
Sabai seeks to enable all other devices connected to the router with the same security and encryption that your VPN provides. Sabai Technology’s headquarters are in Simpsonville, South Carolina (USA).
Installing ExtremeVPN on your Sabai router is an excellent way to ensure the security of any network-connected devices. This method is helpful if you have devices that can connect to the internet but cannot install a VPN.
ExtremeVPN offers consumers maximum protection against dangerous online threats and the flexibility of being set in a router. This guide will show you how to set up an ExtremeVPN on a Sabai router.
Think about the following
Before we begin configuring your Sabai router, there are a few things you should bear in mind.
- Strong Internet connection: Before configuring your VPN, ensure you have a strong Internet connection because a poor Internet connection will hamper interactions between ExtremeVPN and Sabai networks.
- VPN-capable Router: Check to see if the version of your Sabai router is VPN-enabled, although most Sabai routers are wireless VPN-capable.
- ExtremeVPN Premium Account: Other VPN services are accessible, but you must be careful not to install spyware disguised as a VPN on your device. Many VPN services, particularly free ones, are unreliable; thus, we recommend using an ExtremeVPN premium (paid membership) account for this setup.
You can begin the setup process once you have satisfied all the requirements.
- Obtain your ExtremeVPN credentials; use your registered login details to access your ExtremeVPN account’s membership panel. From the dashboard, navigate to the subscription page, then scroll down to find your username and password, which you must keep.
- Using your browser, configure your Sabai router to connect to Cisco’s default IP address of 192.168.199.1. If the default address does not work, please refer to the documentation for your router to get the correct gateway address.
- After logging into your Sabai router’s control panel, select the Network tab from the list of options on the left, then PPTP from the dropdown list.
- Select any server from the list below in the PPTP settings. Enter your ExtremeVPN username and password in the VPN credentials section and click Save.
- Click Start to see if your Sabai router is on and operational. After a successful connection, your router should be active and working, as evidenced by a simple Google search. If the Google search returns an IP address and location that differs from your usual location, double-check and make any necessary changes.
Got help from this guide? Drop your comments below. Your experience and recommendations matter to us and everyone else in the cyber security community.