How to Configure ExtremeVPN OpenVPN on Sabai Router
Sabai is a technology firmware firm specializing in VPN routers and related equipment. The company’s router technology intends to use your VPN service to safeguard router-connected devices.
Sabai technology seeks to enable all other devices connected to the router with the same security and encryption that your VPN provides. Sabai Technology’s headquarters are in Simpsonville, South Carolina (USA).
Installing ExtremeVPN on your Sabai router is an excellent way to ensure the security of any network-connected devices. This method is helpful if you have devices that can connect to the internet but cannot install a VPN.
ExtremeVPN offers consumers maximum protection against dangerous online threats and the flexibility of being set in a router. This guide will show you how to set up an ExtremeVPN on a Sabai router.
Think about the following
Before we begin configuring your Sabai router, there are a few things you should bear in mind.
- Strong Internet connection: Before configuring your VPN, ensure you have a strong Internet connection because a poor Internet connection will hamper interactions between ExtremeVPN and Sabai networks.
- VPN-capable Router: Check to see if the version of your Sabai router is VPN-enabled, although most Sabai routers are wireless VPN-capable.
- ExtremeVPN Premium Account: Other VPN services are accessible, but you must be careful not to install spyware disguised as a VPN on your device. Many VPN services, particularly free ones, could be unreliable. Thus, we recommend using an ExtremeVPN premium (paid membership) account for this setup.
You can begin the setup process once you have satisfied all the requirements.
- Obtain your ExtremeVPN credentials; use your registered login details to access your ExtremeVPN account’s membership panel. From the dashboard, please navigate to the subscription page, copy your username and password, then download and extract OpenVPN configuration files and save them on your device.
- Using your browser, navigate to 192.168.199.1, which will take you to the control panel of your router’s web interface. Sign in with your details, select Network, then choose OpenVPN from the menu.
- Click on Choose File to configure your Sabai router. Locate the extracted file and upload the .ovpn file before clicking Show File.
- Click Edit, enter the ExtremeVPN credentials you noted in Step 1, and then click Save.
- Click Start and wait for 30 seconds. After a successful connection, your VPN should be at the top right corner; a simple Google search can help you authenticate. If the Google search returns an IP address and location that differs from your usual location, double-check, and make any necessary changes.
Got help from this guide? Share your thoughts below. Your recommendations matter to us and everyone else in the entire cyber security community.