ExtremeVPN PPTP Configuration on Tenda Router
Connecting ExtremeVPN to your router is a sure way to ensure that all your devices connected to the router enjoys the three great benefits of our VPN: Privacy, Security, and Freedom. In addition to these benefits, you will enjoy a fast network speed for online streaming or gaining if you choose ExtremeVPN PPTP.
You only require a few minutes to configure this protocol on your router. If you are using Tenda Router, you are already on the right path as this router supports VPN PPTP connection. If you are curious about the next steps, read this article to learn more.
Things to Consider
Before you start the configuration process, ensure you have the following;
- A stable internet connection
- A VPN-supported router
- A premium ExtremeVPN account (if you are not subscribed to one yet, you can click here to buy)
To get your ExtremeVPN credentials, which consist of your username and password, click here to visit our Member Area.
- Login to the Member area by entering your ExtremeVPN registered email address and password.
- Click on Subscription.
- On the next page that appears, scroll down for you to find your VPN credentials.
- You can now copy your ExtremeVPN username and password. Click on the Eye icon to make your password visible.
You are now ready to use your VPN credentials for manual configuration.
Follow the steps below to set up our VPN on your Tenda router:
- Go to your default browser and enter http://tendawifi.com on your search bar to visit the Tenda login page.
- Type your user ID and password in the space provided and click Login.
- From your homepage, click on VPN on the left-side menu and select PPTP/L2TP Client.
- You can now set up your VPN.
- Under Client Type, choose PPTP.
- Enable MPPE Encryption, and for the MPPE Encryption Bits, select 40.
- Under ServerIP/DNS, enter your ExtremeVPN server address. If you don’t know it yet, you can refer to this server list provided below:
- Germany: de1.pointtoserver.com
- Netherlands: nl1.pointtoserver.com
- United Kingdom: ukl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usil1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: ustx1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usca1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usfl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usny1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: uswdc1.pointtoserver.com
- Australia: au-sd1.pointtoserver.com
- Enter your ExtremeVPN credentials in the space provided.
- Click on Save.
Was this guide useful? Share your experience with us. We value your response and recommendations.