ExtremeVPN PPTP Configuration on Tenda AC-18 Router
If you own a Tenda AC -18 router, you can boost its functionality by installing ExtremeVPN PPTP. By configuring this VPN tunnel on your router, you can enhance the online security of all the devices connected to your router. This will also assure online privacy and grant you access to all geo-restricted content from any site or streaming device. Read on to discover how to set up ExtremeVPN PPTP on your Tenda AC-18 router.
Things to note
To start this process, ensure that;
- You have a reliable internet connection
- A VPN-supported router
- A premium ExtremeVPN account (If you don’t have one yet, you can click here to buy one)
Your VPN credentials consist of your username and password that can be used for any manual VPN configuration. Follow these steps to find your ExtremeVPN credentials;
- Go to the ExtremeVPN Member Area, which you can visit through this link.
- Enter your ExtremeVPN registered email address and password.
- On the left panel, you will see a Subscription tab which you should click on.
- Scroll down the page until you see your VPN username and password.
- You can copy your ExtremeVPN credentials. Tap on the Eye icon beside your password to make it visible.
- You can now use the copied credentials for manual configuration.
Follow the steps below to start this configuration process:
- First, you will need to connect to your Tenda router. Open your default browser and enter http://192.168.0.1 o your address bar. This will lead you to your router’s login page. (if this link doesn’t work, check with your router’s user manual to find the default gateway address).
- Enter your router’s password in the space provided and click Login.
- Once logged in, click on VPN from the left-side menu and select PPTP/L2TP Client.
- You can now enter the following information:
- For Client Type, select PPTP.
- Disable MPPE Encryption.
- Under ServerIP/DNS, enter your desired ExtremeVPN server address. If you don’t know it yet, you can refer to this server list provided below:
- Germany: de1.pointtoserver.com
- Netherlands: nl1.pointtoserver.com
- United Kingdom: ukl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usil1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: ustx1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usca1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usfl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usny1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: uswdc1.pointtoserver.com
- Australia: au-sd1.pointtoserver.com
- Convert the server address you just got to an IP address.
- On the space provided for username and password, enter the ExtremeVPN credentials you copied earlier.
- After entering the above information, click Connect to activate your VPN connection.
You have successfully activated your ExtremeVPN connection on your Tenda AC-18 router. If the connection doesn’t start, consider restarting your router or contact our 24/7 live chat support for help. With your router connected to ExtremeVPN, you are ready to start enjoying online privacy and freedom on all your devices.
Was this guide helpful? Share your thoughts and recommendations with us in the comments box. Your words are of high value to us.