ExtremeVPN PPTP Configuration on TRENDnet Router
TRENDnet is a global provider of networking and security solutions for small and medium-sized enterprises and home office users. It includes a high-speed Internet connection and wired and wireless routers for sharing your Internet connection with other devices.
TRENDnet’s wired and wireless routers are excellent because they keep you always connected to high-speed internet, regardless of the device you connect with.
Installing ExtremeVPN on your network is smart, given that many home devices do not enable VPN. Because most of these household devices connect to the network, utilizing ExtremeVPN to protect the router’s internet connection will also protect these appliances’ internet connections. It will enhance the router’s performance, making it more effective at protecting your home devices from viruses.
ExtremeVPN is a well-known and very effective VPN network provider. It is a reliable VPN network that will improve your internet experience while shielding you from dangerous threats. This article shows you how to set up ExtremeVPN on your TRENDnet Router for maximum security.
Considerations When Installing ExtremeVPN PPTP on a TRENDnet Router
- A steady Internet connection: Ensure a robust Internet connection before you begin. Because there will be interactions between the ExtremeVPN and TRENDnet networks, you will need a strong internet connection, as only a stable network will allow this to work. Most TRENDnet routers feature VPN, with an SSL VPN client protocol that supports Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP), and Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP).
- Premium Account with ExtremeVPN: Numerous VPN services are accessible, but you must be cautious to avoid installing spyware disguised as a VPN on your laptop. Many VPN services, particularly free ones, are unreliable; therefore, we recommend using an ExtremeVPN premium (paid membership) account for this setup.
- Obtain your ExtremeVPN credentials; use your registered login details to access your ExtremeVPN account’s membership panel. Go to the dashboard’s subscription tab, then scroll down to see your login and password, which you should copy.
- To access your TRENDnet account, go to http://192.168.10.1 and enter the default username and password for your router, which is admin and admin, respectively. Choose Advanced from the left menu bar, then Administration, and finally, the Setup sub-tab.
- From the Setup tab, enter the following options for manual connection.
- Type of connection: Select PPTP
- PPTP Server from the drop-down menu: Select your preferred server.
- Physical Connection Protocol: Choose DHCP
- DNS Servers: 220.127.116.11 is in the first box, and 18.104.22.168 is in the second.
- Enter the ExtremeVPN credentials you copied in Step 1, then set the On-Demand Mode to Disabled and the Keep-Alive Mode to Enabled. Finally, enter 1452 in the MTU box.
- You can now use the ExtremeVPN capabilities on your TRENDnet router. You can check to see if your router is on and operational; a quick Google search should reveal whether or not your setup was successful.
Got help through this guide? Share your thoughts below. We value your response and recommendations.