Best VPN for Your Samsung Smart TV
- 6500+ servers worldwide
- Military grade AES-encryption
- Buffer-free streaming
- 30-days money-back guarantee
How to Configure a VPN on Samsung Smart TV
If you’re a lover of Samsung products or searching for a reliable brand for smart TVs, you should try the Samsung smart TV. Like every other Smart TV, you can connect to the internet on a wider screen with fantastic picture quality. You can connect to a video streaming service or even play online games if you don’t want to watch content on your cable television network.
Although connecting to the internet with your smart TV is innovative, it also comes with risks. For instance, your smart TV becomes susceptible to online threats and surveillance.
Geo-restrictions can also limit your Smart TV experience. Streaming platforms utilize technologies to ensure users only access content available within their region or country. Hence, you may only access your favorite content if the streaming service has a license to air it in your country or region.
There’s a fix to these issues– a VPN. Once you configure a VPN on your Samsung Smart TV, it provides security and unrestricted access to any content online. Continue reading this article to discover how to set up a VPN on the Samsung smart TV.
Using VPNs with Samsung Smart TVs
You must first understand that not every VPN provider is compatible with a Samsung smart TV. Also, note that you may be unable to download the VPN software application on your Smart TV. This is because Samsung Smart TVs lack built-in VPN support.
While you cannot download the VPN app on your Samsung Smart TV, there are other alternatives to enjoying VPN service on the device. You can use smart DNS, configure the VPN on the device’s router, or connect your smart TV to a VPN-protected Wi-Fi.
Set Up a VPN on Your Router
You can ensure that multiple devices, including your Samsung smart TV, enjoy VPN service without downloading a VPN app on each of them. All you have to do is connect them to a router connected to a VPN service to enjoy the privacy, security, and unblocking services a VPN provides.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for providing VPN service with a router:
- Confirm Your Router’s Compatibility: Only routers that support VPN can provide VPN protection to connected devices. Hence, you must first confirm that your router supports VPN.
- Update Your Router’s Firmware: Just like smartphones and computers have operating systems, routers have firmware. Firmware is the technology that controls your router’s performance. Update your router’s firmware to experience a smooth and seamless performance.
- Download a VPN App: After confirming its reliability, select your preferred VPN service provider, and download the app on your router. Once the download completes, set it up and activate the VPN connection.
- Connect Your Samsung Smart TV to the Router: Head to the Setting menu on Samsung smart TV to connect it to the router. Turn on the Wi-Fi connection and search for available connections to discover your router. Note that routers usually have different installation or configuration processes, as this is not a universal solution for all scenarios. However, this guide can help you navigate the process.
Set Up Through Sharing a VPN Connection
One additional way to install a VPN on your Samsung Smart TV is sharing a VPN connection from your Computer or PC. It’s the simplest way out. Yet, the principle applies only for Windows PCs. For this, your device must behave as a hotspot provider.
Follow these steps to set it up:
- Get the ExtremeVPN application on your PC and sign in with your credentials.
- Now navigate to the Computer “Settings.” and then move to “Network & Internet.”
- Locate your “Device Hotspot” and turn it On.
- Head to the “Wifi Settings” of your Samsung Smart TV and link it with the device’s connection that you’ve just turned on. That’s it!
Install Samsung TV VPN App Via PC or Laptop
You can also enjoy premium service on your Samsung smart TV by creating a hosted network on your PC or laptop and connecting your smart TV. However, the process is challenging for beginners. Follow the guide below to discover how to set up and install the VPN app on your PC or laptop and connect your Samsung smart TV:
- Ensure your laptop or PC has a wireless device supporting hosted networks.
- Launch Command Prompt and type this command “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=YourSSID key=YourPassphrase.”
- Press Enter to create the new network.
- Download and install the VPN app on your laptop or PC and connect to a server.
- Press the “Windows key + X” or “Command key + X,” depending on what device you’re using, and select “Network Connections.”
- Right-click the “VPN network adapter” and pick “Properties.”
- Locate “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection” under “Sharing,” and enable the feature.
- Select the hosted virtual adapter to create initially from the “Home Networking Connection” drop-down menu.
- Search your Samsung smart TV for the new network, type the required details, and select “Connect” to conclude the process.
What Should You Look Out for in a VPN for Your Samsung TV?
Several VPN service providers are in the market, so selecting a reliable VPN for your Samsung smart TV is essential. You need one of the best VPNs to get the best out of your Samsung smart TV. Ensure that the VPN service provider has these features before selecting it:
Ensure the VPN service provider enforces a no-log policy. This means the VPN would not store details, such as your data session, IP address, network traffic, browsing history, connection timestamps, and bandwidth usage. Storing these details opens you up to potential privacy and data threats.
Confirm that the VPN has ultra-fast connection speed and a broad network of up-to-date servers. Having multiple servers even dispersed can enhance connection speed. Fast connection speeds ensure a seamless and hitch-free experience while using the web.
Look out for VPN services with advanced protocols that guarantee security and privacy. Advanced protocols ensure that your VPN functions optimally for any activity. For instance, you may want to unblock content or encrypt your session online.
Why You Need a VPN for Your Samsung Smart TV
You need to install a VPN on your Samsung smart TV to tap into the world of endless possibilities for your smart TV. A top VPN service can ensure optimum satisfaction from your smart TV, granting you unrestricted access to any content and website you want. To explain, you can access the Netflix and Amazon Prime content libraries of foreign countries. A VPN guarantees a fantastic experience on your smart TV.
VPN was developed to provide encryption and privacy services, ensuring that users remain anonymous while using the internet. Although VPNs still serve these purposes, they have become the primary tool for unrestricted access to the internet. Incorporating the unblocking service, VPNs help users bypass geo-blocks and firewalls, limiting access to content or websites exclusive to a specific country or region. A VPN guarantees unrestricted access to any website or streaming library on your smart TV while utilizing premium encryption and security protocols.
The effects of restrictions and censorship steps extend to the online world. For example, the censorship policy in Brazil and China’s Great Firewall impact online activities. Even in countries without government policies on censorship and restrictions, users still don’t have the guarantee of unrestricted access to the internet.
For instance, you may discover that you cannot access all streaming platforms on your Samsung smart TV, even with a fast connection speed. Some streaming platforms only air their content in specific countries. Hence, you cannot access their library unless you reside in any of the countries. To illustrate, about two or more countries cannot access HBO Max and Hotstar content libraries.
Movie producers and filmmakers sell licenses to streaming services, permitting them to air their movies or TV shows on their platform in a particular country or region. This is a strategy that helps filmmakers maximize their profit. Instead of selling their works to a brand, granting them exclusive licenses to air their content anywhere, they issue geographic licenses to multiple streaming services. These streaming services only have the streaming rights to air the content in the region permitted in the license.
To avoid expensive lawsuits and other sanctions, streaming platforms must obey the terms of these licenses and ensure that they block access to these content from other countries. Even global streaming brands like Netflix have different content libraries to ensure strict adherence to geo-restriction policies. For instance, the US Netflix content library can include content that’s not in the Indian Netflix content library.
However, you don’t need to worry about geo-restrictions with top VPNs, like ExtremeVPN. You can binge your series or watch your favorite TV show easily, even if your country shouldn’t have access to it.
Like every other smart TV, Samsung smart TVs support internet connection. However, connecting to the internet opens your smart TV to potential threats. To illustrate, third parties can monitor, collect, and share your data. Hence, you need a VPN to protect your connection and provide privacy while you connect your smart TV to the internet. A top VPN conceals your IP address and encrypts your data traffic, ensuring anonymity.
A VPN can also prevent bandwidth throttling. Bandwidth throttling occurs when your ISP monitors your bandwidth usage and regulates your internet speed when you exceed a threshold. This often results in a decline in your connection speed. However, since a VPN hides your bandwidth usage from your ISP, you can stream content on your smart TV for as long as you wish without worrying about throttling.