How to Configure ExtremeVPN PPTP on Linksys Smart WiFi
Setting up ExtremeVPN on your router is the finest method to protect yourself and your devices connected to home Wi-Fi. This method works even on devices that don’t support VPN connections.
- Steady Internet connection
- VPN-supported router device
- Premium ExtremeVPN account (click here to get a subscription if you don’t have one already)
Locating your VPN credentials is a straightforward process. For this, you must visit the ExtremeVPN application’s Member area.
- Use your VPN credentials (username and password) to sign in to the Member area.
- Your VPN credentials will be available under the Subscriptions tab. Scroll down to check them.
- You can now view or copy your VPN credentials.
- Note down and remember your login details. To see your password, click on the Eye icon, and it will display the password for manual configuration.
- To set up your router, first, you need to connect to it. To do it, go to your router’s administrative tab by searching the following IP address http://192.168.0.1 in your browser’s search address. (if it doesn’t redirect you to the control panel, go to your router’s manual guide to find the Default Gateway Address.)
- Tap on Connectivity on the Router Settings page.
- Press Internet Setting, then click on Edit.
- Switch the already selected setting to PPTP from the Connection Type drop-down list.
- Now, do the following settings:
- Check the option of Obtain an IP Address Automatically.
- Server address: Enter the server address you wish to connect to.
- Insert your ExtremeVPN credentials.
- MTU: Select Auto
- Press Apply. Wait until the new configurations are updated.
- Tap on the Local Network option.
- Insert the Google DNS or any other Open DNS address in the fields of Static DNS 1 and Static DNS 2, respectively.
- Press Apply.
- ExtremeVPN is now connected successfully to your Linksys smart wifi router.
How helpful was this guide? Share your remarks below. Your recommendations matter to us and everyone else in our cyber security community.