Find an effective workaround to MLB.tv blackouts in this pre-game season by using a VPN. Thanks to our thoroughly tested solution, you can watch MLB games live without interruption, guaranteeing smooth streaming.
As a follower of MLB games, you’re likely aware that the first game starts March 30th, 2024. If blackout restrictions affected your viewing experience last year, you should acquaint yourself with solutions now. Nevertheless, if you come across this information in future seasons or after 2024 has begun, these guidelines are still applicable. This article shows a simple MLB.tv workaround using a premium VPN service like ExtremeVPN.
With ExtremeVPN, you can bypass all geo-restrictions and stream the MLB games wherever possible. So, if you moved to a country with MLB.tv geo-restrictions, ExtremeVPN can grant you full access to enjoy every game from day one until the end. Now, let us show you multiple ways to stream all MLB games outside the US and on various devices.
How to Get Around MLB.tv Blackouts – Quick Guide
If you experience a blackout while streaming an MLB game and want to get rid of it, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Go to the ExtremeVPN subscription page and create an account.
- Open your device’s Play Store or App Store, and download the ExtremeVPN app.
- Search the server list and connect to a server where the game isn’t blacked out. Servers in the US, Canada and Mexico work best for this, bypassing blackouts effectively.
- Open the MLB website. Return to your game, and you should no longer experience blackouts.
NOTE: Clear the software’s cache and cookies on your device if there are hitches. You can also select a different VPN server.
What is a Blackout? How and Why Does it Happen?
Blackout is a term used to describe a disruption in connection. It is a disconnection of your network from the MLB.tv website. It means you cannot view any content on the website. Blackouts on MLB.tv usually occur when your area is subject to disconnection, probably from your network or location. MLB also has times scheduled for mass blackouts on their websites.
MLB users cannot stream their favorite sports when there is a blackout and might have to resolve the issue using a VPN. Blackouts could also occur when users try to view MLB games from restricted regions. When you try accessing MLB content from outside authorized regions, you will encounter error messages stating that the game is temporarily unavailable due to local or national blackout restrictions.
Using a VPN to Workaround MLB.tv Blackouts
Typically, MLB.tv only allows residents in the United States to stream their games. If you reside outside the US, you should employ ExtremeVPN, a robust, fast-speed VPN to help you bypass geo-restrictions. As a resident in the US, you must connect to a fast and viable server that can ease your streaming process and quality.
ExtremeVPN ranks as one of the top VPNs worldwide and has features that can help you workaround MLB.tv blackouts and get back to your favorite games. To secure an MLB.tv and ExtremeVPN subscription monthly, you will need $24.99 and $10.59, respectively. So, to enjoy a month’s worth of every MLB game, you need $35.58.
You can also utilize ExtremeVPN’s 30 money-back guarantee to cut costs. With this, you can subscribe for a month, test our service, and determine whether it meets your requirements. If, in 30 days, you are not pleased, we will refund your money in full. All you have to do is ensure you request a refund before the end of 30 days.
How to Workaround MLB.tv Using a Web Browser
ExtremeVPN seeks to help you work around MLB.tv blackouts regardless of your web browser. So, if you use Chrome, Safari, Google, or any other browser peculiar to your location, you can get ExtremeVPN and access all MLB.tv games.
To avoid MLB.tv blackouts using a web browser, install ExtremeVPN on your device, connect to a Canadian or US server, and start streaming. ExtremeVPN connects your device to our list of best VPN servers, giving you fast speeds and uninterrupted streaming.
How to Workaround MLB.tv Blackouts Using Apps for iOS and Android
These days, it’s rare to find someone who doesn’t use a phone. If it weren’t for the thrill of viewing the games on large screens, most people would probably choose to watch them on their smartphones. But you can access all MLB.tv games on your smartphone without experiencing blackouts if you’re among those who value their private life.
With a single ExtremeVPN subscription, you can stream MLB games using the Android or iOS app. To use the app properly on your Android or iOS device, do the following:
- On your PlayStore, search ExtremeVPN, then download and install the app.
- On the server list, select a US server to allow ExtremeVPN to choose the most suitable server, depending on your location.
- For easy access, download and install the MLB.tv app. Clear the cache and cookies if you already have the app on your device.
- Get the ExtremeVPN app from the App Store, then use it to connect to a VPN server in a nation or location where the game is not blocked.
- Launch the MLB app, then remove its ability to access your location information. That is, when the app prompts you, tap “Don’t Allow.” If you have already given the app permission to access your location, open the iOS Settings app, scroll down, and select MLB, Location, Ask Next Time, Or When I Share. Next, grant access by opening the MLB app.
- Tap the Play button for the game you want to watch, and you can stream content from before the blackout.
How to Workaround MLB.tv Blackouts on Desktop/Laptop (Windows & macOS)
- Download the ExtremeVPN app onto your device and purchase a subscription plan.
- Connect to a fast server location that doesn’t experience any blackout situations.
- Launch MLB.TV on your internet browser.
- Begin your stream now and gain access to content without experiencing blackouts.
How to Get Around a VPN Not Connecting with MLB.tv
Sometimes, your VPN fails to work with MLB.tv. This is because the streaming service blocks your VPN IP address. There are many ways you can try to fix this problem. These fixes include:
Connect to an Alternative Server
The easiest solution is to change your VPN server. Accessing content on MLB.tv using a VPN can sometimes be tricky. MLB.tv has protocols that help detect when a user logs in using an IP address that resembles one from a VPN. MLB.tv blocks that IP address from accessing more MLB content when it detects this.
When this happens, go to your VPN server list and select an alternative US server. This will automatically give you a different IP address to resume streaming your favorite MLB games. Connect to a server with less active connections to prevent MLB.tv from blocking this IP address again.
Clear Your Browser’s Cache and Cookies
You can resolve the connection issues between your VPN and MLB.tv by clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. The accumulation of these digital leftovers might create problems with VPN connectivity, which leads to interruption while accessing geographically restricted content. You can delete stored web page data & browsing session cookies, eliminating this problem when you clear your cache.
Refreshing your browser can remove obstacles that prevent a VPN connection to MLB.tv. However, this approach may prove ineffective, and inadvertently bypassing content restrictions could violate the terms of service. Before proceeding with this step, adhere to MLB.tv’s policies for lawful and respectful use of their service.
You can clear your browser’s cache and cookies by following these steps:
On Google Chrome
- On Google Chrome, select the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner.
- Clear your browsing data by clicking on the “More tools” option.
- From the pop-up options, select “Past hour” or “Entire duration.”
- Select the “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” checkboxes.
- Then, select “Clear data.”
On Safari for macOS
- Launch Safari.
- In the top menu bar, select “Safari”.
- Please choose “Preferences.”
- Navigate to the “Privacy” section.
- Please click on “Manage Website Data.”
- You can either click on “Remove All” or choose individual websites and then click on “Remove.”
If problems persist after applying these measures, we recommend you seek assistance from your VPN and MLB.tv customer support teams.
Log a Complaint with Customer Support
If you have problems connecting your VPN to MLB.tv, you should file a complaint with the customer support team. Clearly explain the issue you are facing; mention that although you use a VPN, you cannot connect. In addition, provide relevant details such as the server location you utilized and any error messages encountered.
How Can I Access MLB.tv without Using a VPN?
If MLB.tv isn’t working with your VPN, an alternative option is utilizing proxy servers. ExtremeVPN offers the best free proxy worldwide to help you access any streaming service. Proxies essentially serve as an intermediary between your device and the internet and enable you to redirect your connection through another location successfully. While proxies do not offer encryption like VPNs, they remain helpful in circumventing geo-restrictions.
After configuring your device’s network settings to connect with the selected proxy, choose a location to access MLB.tv content. ExtremeVPN provides three fast locations for its proxy (Canada, Singapore, and the Netherlands). To bypass restrictions effectively, connect to the Canadian server and watch your favorite MLB.tv games without blackouts. Although proxies may aid in bypassing geo-restrictions, they aren’t as secure as VPNs. Therefore, it is wise to choose a subscription plan with a top-notch VPN service like ExtremeVPN. This way, you can seamlessly stream MLB.tv content without any complications.