Connect and Manage Locations – Android App
ExtremeVPN is a reliable VPN service that guarantees you a secure internet connection. Luckily, it has an app version available for all Android users. You only need to visit your phone’s Play Store and search ‘ExtremeVPN’ to install the app.
The ExtremeVPN Android app is designed to suit the needs of every one of its users. Whether you want a bulletproof connection or have a specific reason for using the private network, you will find what you need. Read on to determine how this VPN service can satisfy your connection needs.
ExtremeVPN has an extremely smart algorithm that automatically connects you to a server in another country different from yours. This connection will still provide you with the optimum security your device requires.
To get connected to a recommended location, follow these simple steps 👇
- Open your ExtremeVPN app on your phone. Before proceeding to the next step, confirm that you are logged into your account.
- Tap on the Connect icon, which will be at the centre of your phone screen.
- You will see your connection status and the location name once you’ve made a successful connection.
If you want to terminate the connection, tap the connect button again at the centre of the ExtremeVPN app.
If you don’t want the automatic connection, don’t worry, as ExtremeVPN also allows you to connect to the country of your choice. With its 6500+ VPN servers in 78+ countries, you can easily connect to your preferred location.
- Tap on the Hamburger button (≡), which you can find on the top-left corner of your phone screen.
- From the page that appears next, select 🌐 Locations.
- You will then see the list of countries available on the app. Scroll down until you see your desired country, or type the name of your preferred country on the search bar. Tap on the country to establish a server connection.
- You have now connected to your desired country.
By connecting to a server in any country, your location would be read as any city in the country, which the VPN will automatically select. The ExtremeVPN app has a user-friendly feature that allows you to connect to any city in a country. If you have a preferred city in mind, follow the instruction highlighted below 👇
- Select the Hamburger icon (≡) at the top-left corner.
- Tap on 🌐 Locations.
- Locate the country that the city you wish to connect to on the window that appears next. Besides the country’s name, you will see an Arrow icon (>). Tap on the icon to see the list of cities available for connection.
- Tap on your preferred city to connect; if the list is long, you can search for the city’s name on the search bar.
- You are now connected to your desired city by completing these steps above.
You can make your connection easier by arranging your location list into your preferred format. ExtremeVPN allows users to set their server options alphabetically by ping (based on the location with the fastest connection) or popularity.
If you don’t want to keep scrolling up and down your phone to search for a location, follow these simple steps 👇
- Tap on the Hamburger button (≡) on the screen.
- Select 🌐 Locations.
- You will see a Sorting icon on the top of your screen in the next window.
- By tapping on that icon, you will see an option that allows you to sort your locations.
- Suppose you want to sort your country list based on popularity, tap Sort by Popularity.
- Your countries will now be arranged in Popularity order.
- If you want to sort countries alphabetically, tap Sort by Alphabetically.
- Your countries will now be listed in Alphabetical form.
- Suppose you want to sort countries by ping; tap Sort by Ping.
- Your countries will now be Arranged by ping.
P2P (or Peer-to-Peer) is a feature available on the ExtremeVPN app that allows users to share files, contents, and other applications. By filtering P2P-supported countries, you will streamline your country list to ones with nothing against P2P activities.
Follow the instruction below to enable this feature 👇
- Tap the Hamburger icon (≡).
- Select 🌐 Locations in the next window.
- Once you type on the funnel icon, a pop-up window appears with a check box beside a P2P-supported tab.
- Check ☑️ the box to enable the filter and tap Okay.
- Your locations are now filtered based on the P2P-supported countries.
You can now create a shortcut for your favourite apps using the ExtremeVPN Android app. Enable this feature by following these simple steps.
Are you excited? 😉
Follow these instructions to proceed 👇
- Tap on the Hamburger button (≡) on the screen.
- Select 🌐 Locations.
- On the locations window, tap the + icon to create your shortcut.
- You will see a list of popular websites in the next window. Look for the website you want and add it. For example, you can add a shortcut for a streaming site like Netflix.
- The next step is to select a location. For example, if you chose Netflix for your shortcut, you can choose any location, like the US, as Netflix is a regional-based streaming site.
- You are also required to type a name for the shortcut. You don’t need to worry about this part because you can change it anytime you discover a catchier name.
- Once you’ve completed the steps above, tap on the Add Shortcut tab.
- The newly added shortcut will now be available in the locations list.
- To add new shortcuts click + icon again and repeat the procedure once again.
- To connect, just press the newly created shortcut and it will begin connecting to it.
- You will now be connected successfully to the newly created shortcut.
- After some seconds, the selected streaming sites will open in your default browser. You just need to sign in to the streaming site and access it’s content.
If you can’t find your preferred website on the provided list, you can still create the shortcut for that website. Follow the steps below 👇
- Tap the Three horizontal lines at the top right corner of your phone’s screen.
- Click on 🌐 Locations.
- Tap the + icon to add your shortcut.
- On the search box provided, type the website’s URL.
- For example, in this case, google is an example. You can select any website you want.
- Tap on Add Shortcut.
- The new page that appears will ask to enter your desired location. Select a location from where the website could be accessed.
Example: BBC iPlayer is on available to access in UK. Hence, to access it, you should only pick UK as location.
- ExtremeVPN will also ask you to type a name for the shortcut.
- Tap Add Shortcut to complete this process.
- Because ExtremeVPN cares about its users’ comfort, you will be asked if the app can save your shortcuts. You can choose Yes if you want or No if you don’t.
- Your customized shortcut can be found in your location list.
- Once you tap on it, you will be redirected to the site on your default browser with a secure connection. To add more custom websites, tap the + icon again and follow the steps above.
- To connect, you just need to click on the newly created shortcut and it will begin connecting.
- You will now be connected to the newly created shortcut within seconds.
- The selected streaming site will now open in your default browser.
You have a favourite country you like already, don’t bother scrolling up and down your location list to find it. All you have to do is mark the location as a favourite, and you can easily connect to the country anytime.
Follow the steps below to start enjoying this feature 👇
- Tap on the Hamburger icon (≡) on the top left corner of your phone screen.
- Select Location to access the list of countries servers available.
- Beside each country name, you will see a ⭐ Star icon.
- Tap the star icon on the country or city of your choice, and that location will automatically be marked as a favorite.
- The location will be marked as favorite successfully.
Having a customized IP address implies that the IP given to you by the VPN is used exclusively by you. The fun part of having these dedicated addresses is that it never changes – anytime you connect to the internet, you will always have that ‘fake IP address’ which can’t be shared with anyone.
The steps involved in setting up this customized IP address on your app are simple and short. Here they are:
- Open the ExtremeVPN app on your Android device.
- Tap on the Hamburger icon, represented by (≡) on your phone screen.
- On the next window, you will see a Dedicated IP tab. Click on it.
- By tapping on the tab, you’ve successfully established a VPN connection with your dedicated IP address.
- If you’re already connected to the dedicated IP on a different device, you’ll be prompted to proceed accordingly.
When you use your ExtremeVPN account on multiple devices, you might have connected to your dedicated IP on the other device. In cases like this, a pop-up window appears asking if you still want to continue with the dedicated IP. Tap on Yes. But note that once you Tap on Yes, your other device will automatically disconnect from that dedicated IP address.
DDoS protection is a feature on the ExtremeVPN Android app that acts like an intermediary that protects your device from cyberattacks. Activating this protection can help ensure your online safety and protect your sensitive data.
To get started, follow these steps 👇
- Tap the Hamburger icon, which you will see as three horizontal lines on your phone screen.
- You will see your DDoS IP on the page that appears next. Tap on it to create a connection.
- It will connect you to the DDoS IP.
- If you’ve connected using the DDos IP on another device, you will receive a notification asking if you want to continue. Click on Yes to continue.
ExtremeVPN values any feedback provided by users. This way, we can improve our features to make your VPN experience more enjoyable. You can describe your Android app experience by rating us on the platform.
Interested in rating us? Follow the instruction below 👇
- Connect to a location by choosing your preferred one or tapping the Connect tab to get a recommended one.
- Once your connection indicates success, you will see a Thumbs up and Thumbs down icon, which means its time to rate your session with us.
- If you tap on the Thumbs up icon, it means you are enjoying your session.
- If you tap on the Thumbs down Icon, a new window asks you what problem you are facing with a category to choose from. By selecting a category, you will be required to submit a comment which will open a support ticket.
Got help from this article? Drop your remarks below. Your experience matters to us and everyone else in entire Cyber Security Community.