- How to Setup ExtremeVPN on D-Link Router?
- How to Setup ExtremeVPN OpenVPN on D-Link Router
- How to Setup ExtremeVPN PPTP on D-Link DIR-2680 Router
- How to Setup ExtremeVPN PPTP on D-Link DIR-600M Router
- How to Setup ExtremeVPN PPTP on D-Link DIR-806 Router
- How to Setup ExtremeVPN PPTP on D-Link DIR-809 Router
- How to Setup ExtremeVPN PPTP on D-Link DIR-822 4G LTE Router
- How to Setup ExtremeVPN PPTP on D-Link DIR-868L Router
- How to Setup ExtremeVPN PPTP on D-Link DIR-890 Router
- How to Setup ExtremeVPN PPTP on D-Link DIR-921 Router
How to Configure ExtremeVPN PPTP on D-Link DIR-921 Router
Installing an ExtremeVPN tunnel on your router device is the most reliable method to enhance the privacy and security of your systems connected to wifi networks, even those that don’t support VPN connections. This article will guide you through configuring ExtremeVPN on D-Link DIR-890 Router. But first, let us look at the factors you need for this process:
- Stable Internet connection
- A Router supporting VPN connections
- Premium ExtremeVPN account (click here to buy one if you aren’t an old user)
To view your login details, visit the Member area of your VPN.
- Access the ExtremeVPN Member Area using your email and password
- Your VPN credentials will be available under the subscriptions panel. You can find them by scrolling down.
- Note down and remember your password and username. The pass is mostly hidden. Yet, you can check it by clicking the Eye icon.
- Now use these login details to set up D-Link DIR-890 Router manually.
- To connect to a D-Link router, connect to it first by writing 192.168.0.1 in your browser search bar. (If there is an error, ask your router’s manual guide about your Default Gateway Address). Insert your login details and sign in to your router’s control panel.
- You will get to the WAN Service Configuration. Now click on the Internet Connection.
- Type and choose PPTP (Username/Password) from the list that appears.
- Now, fill in the following details accordingly:
- Address Mode: Select Dynamic IP
- PPTP Server IP Address: Enter the location’s server address you prefer to connect to.
- Type in your login credentials.
- Confirm Password: (Insert the ExtremeVPN pass)
- Reconnect Mode: Choose Always On
- NAT Disable: Uncheck it
- Once you’ve filled in all the details, press Save Settings to enable the VPN connection.
- ExtremeVPN will now be connected successfully on D-Link D-Link DIR-921.
Found this article helpful? Share your valuable comments below. Your recommendations matter to us and everyone else in the entire cyber security community.