- How to Configure OpenVPN on the TP-Link AX6600 Wi-Fi 6 Tri-band Gaming Router
- How to Configure PPTP on the AX6600 Wi-Fi 6 Tri-Band Gaming Router
- How to Configure PPTP on TP-Link Archer Router
- How to Configure PPTP on TP-Link Router
- How to Setup OpenVPN on TP-Link Router
- How to Setup PPTP on TP-Link R6000 VPN Router
PPTP Configuration on TP-Link Archer Router
An excellent solution to guarantee the security and safety of all the devices in your home is to configure the ExtremeVPN tunnel on your router. This approach is useful if you wish to secure your home’s Wi-Fi-connected devices or have gadgets incompatible with VPNs.
Use the PPTP protocol to set up ExtremeVPN on your TP-Link Archer router by following this step-by-step tutorial.
Things to Consider:
- Ensure you have a functional internet connection.
- Make sure your router supports VPN.
- Obtain a Premium ExtremeVPN account. If you haven’t purchased one yet, buy it by clicking 👉 here.
- Access the ExtremeVPN Member Area.
- Log in by using your registered email and password.
- Scroll down to the Subscriptions tab.
- Find your VPN credentials.
- Copy your VPN credentials.
- Write down and remember your ExtremeVPN username.
- Click the Eye icon to reveal your password for manual configuration.
- Connect to your TP-Link router by entering http://192.168.0.1 in your browser’s address bar.
- Login to your router using the provided username and password.
- Select the Advanced option.
- Go to the Network section and click on the Internet tab.
- Choose PPTP as the Connection Type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your ExtremeVPN credentials.
- Set the Secondary Connection to Dynamic IP.
- Enter the IP address of the desired VPN server from the list below:
- Germany: de1.pointtoserver.com
- Netherlands: nl1.pointtoserver.com
- United Kingdom: ukl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usil1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: ustx1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usca1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usfl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usny1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: uswdc1.pointtoserver.com
- Australia: au-sd1.pointtoserver.com
- Set the MTU Size to 1420.
- Set the Connection Mode to Manually.
- Set the Max Idle Time to 0.
- To start the VPN connection, click the Connect button.
- Your TP-Link Archer series router is now successfully connected to ExtremeVPN.
Let us know your thoughts on our guide. Your response is of high value to us and everyone else in the entire cyber security community.