- How to Configure OpenVPN on the TP-Link AX6600 Wi-Fi 6 Tri-band Gaming Router
- How to Configure PPTP on the AX6600 Wi-Fi 6 Tri-Band Gaming Router
- How to Configure PPTP on TP-Link Archer Router
- How to Configure PPTP on TP-Link Router
- How to Setup OpenVPN on TP-Link Router
- How to Setup PPTP on TP-Link R6000 VPN Router
How to Setup PPTP on TP-Link R6000 VPN Router
An excellent solution to guarantee the security and safety of all the devices in your home is to configure the ExtremeVPN tunnel on your router. This approach is useful if you wish to secure your home’s Wi-Fi-connected devices or have gadgets incompatible with VPNs.
In this guide, we’ll teach you how to install a VPN on a TP-Link R6000 VPN Router with Hardware version TL-R6000VPN v4.0 and Firmware version 4.0.3. But before we start, let’s look at what you’ll need and some suggestions to keep in mind.
Things to Consider:
- Ensure you have a functional internet connection.
- Make sure your router supports VPN.
- Obtain a Premium ExtremeVPN account. If you haven’t purchased one yet, you can buy it by clicking 👉 here.
- Access the ExtremeVPN Member Area.
- Log in by using your registered email and password.
- Scroll down to the Subscriptions tab.
- Locate your VPN credentials.
- Copy your Login details.
- Make a note of your ExtremeVPN username.
- Click the Eye icon to reveal your password for manual configuration.
- Connect to your TP-Link R6000 VPN router by entering this address in your browser: http://192.168.0.1 (If it doesn’t work, refer to your router’s manual for the Default Address).
- Enter your router’s username and password, then click Login.
- After logging in, go to the Network tab and select WAN from the drop-down list.
- In the WAN settings, change the mode to WAN1 or WAN2 (depending on your preference or activated WAN) and select PPTP as the Internet Connection from the drop-down menu.
- Now enter the following information:
- ExtremeVPN credentials (refer to their instructions to find these).
- Connection Mode: Connect Automatically
- Primary DNS: 184.108.40.206
- Secondary DNS: 220.127.116.11
- Secondary Connection: Dynamic IP
- Server Address: Enter the desired VPN server’s IP address (see options below).
- VPN Server Address options:
- Germany: de1.pointtoserver.com
- Netherlands: nl1.pointtoserver.com
- United Kingdom: ukl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usil1.pointtoserver.com, ustx1.pointtoserver.com, usca1.pointtoserver.com, usfl1.pointtoserver.com, usny1.pointtoserver.com, uswdc1.pointtoserver.com
- Australia: au-sd1.pointtoserver.com
- After entering all the info, select the Connect button to activate the VPN connection.
- Congrats, Your TP-Link R6000VPN Router is now connected to ExtremeVPN.
Found this guide helpful? Share your thoughts below. Your experience and recommendations matter to us and everyone else in the entire cyber security community.